As summer winds down, stories around skiing and snowsports may still not be the main topic of discussion, but I wanted to share with our members that the team at the Canadian Ski Hall of Fame and Museum continues to be busy evolving our plans and developments to the virtual museum, social media platforms, content strategies and preparations for the Canadian Ski Hall of Fame, Class of 2022 induction event this upcoming November 24, 2022.
As our commitment to keeping our members informed, we have updates in a few key areas as we move forward.
Since May 2022:
- The CSHFM Annual General Meeting (AGM) for all members is scheduled for October 11, 2022, from 4pm-6pm EST. Planning is underway for this AGM (virtual) and will be sharing all required documentation for the AGM by the end of August. We are accepting board of director nominations that will be reviewed and considered by out nominations committee. All board of director nominations must be received no later than 20 days prior to the AGM date. Please follow this link https://skimuseum.ca/governance/ to view the 2022 Nomination Form. We have lots to do and always looking for a few passionate individuals to support our board and committees.
- We are delighted to announce that the Canadian Hall of Fame selection committee has reviewed all nominations received and they have recommended a list of successful nominees to the CSHFM Board of Directors which were approved. This list of CSHF inductees will form the Canadian Ski Hall of Fame Class of 2022. We look forward to making our formal announcement soon but mark your calendars for CSHF Class of 2022 (virtual) induction event on November 24th, 2022.
- With the launch of the new website last January, the marketing and communications committee has been working on our go-to-market strategy for next year. This will help align and collaborate our various committee’s activities and strengthen our collaborative and inclusive approach.
- With our newly established Editorial Committee, the CSHFM story development has begun with the mandate to deliver valuable and meaningful stories to share. We are excited about the opportunities to produce several articles, which will be published in upcoming Ski History Magazine issues, and further ones for our website to share.
- A big project is the reviewing and updating our HOF honoured member biographies. This is core to our organization and the objective is to ensure completeness, translation in both languages and alignment to our new brand style guide. This is a big undertaking by the Marketing & Communications committee in collaboration with the Hall of Fame Committee
- We will continue to update you going forward on our next steps regarding the artefacts & archive committee strategy which as previously stated, will include a revised and defined curation process with the goal of supporting an ability to catalogue correctly and digitalize our collection; all of which will help share and nurture our many historical Canadian ski stories.
- We are formalizing our membership outreach campaign which will launch at in early September.
As a mostly volunteer organization, with a very long list of things to do, we are always looking for extra support and help from our membership and community. Please let us know if you want to get involved and how you would like to contribute.
I thank you for your continued support of the CSHFM. I hope you continue to enjoy your summertime activities with family and friends.
Erik Austin, Chairman
Canadian Ski Hall of Fame and Museum